Release (UK): 15/10/2009
Release (USA): 13/10/2009
Release (Jap): 05/11/2009
Developer: Nintendo Co., Ltd., Racjin Co., Ltd., Sega Corporation
Publisher: Nintendo Co., Ltd., Sega Corporation
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games was produced to mark the 2010 games in Vancouver, and was made under license from the International Olympic Committee.
The game is a collaboration between Sega and Nintendo featuring characters from both the Mario franchise and the Sonic the Hedgehog series, something unthinkable from just a few years earlier!
Although Sega handled most of the development for both Wii and DS versions of this game, as it did for the original Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, they shared the publishing and marketing duties with Nintendo across different territories.
See the whole series:
- Beijing 2008 Summer Games, Wii (2007)
- Beijing 2008 Summer Games, DS (2007)
- Vancouver 2010 Winter Games, Wii (2009)
- Vancouver 2010 Winter Games, DS (2009)
- London 2012 Summer Games (Wii, 2011)
- London 2012 Summer Games (3DS, 2011)
- Sochi 2014 Winter Games, Wii U (2013)
- Rio 2016 Summer Games, Wii U (2016)
- Rio 2016 Summer Games, 3DS (2016)
- PyeongChang 2018 Winter Games, no game released
- Tokyo 2020 Summer Games, Switch (2019)
(Indicates year of first release. Dates may differ between regions.)