Release (UK): 21/02/2014
Release (USA): 21/02/2014
Release (Jap): 14/02/2014
Developer: Nintendo Co., Ltd., Monster Games, Inc., Retro Studios, Inc.
Publisher: Nintendo Co., Ltd.
Following on from previous adventures, Donkey Kong and his partner Kongs travel back to Donkey Kong Island after being flung away by a group of Viking-like seafarers know as the the Snowmads.
For the first time players can choose from more than two playable characters, with Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong acting as companions of Donkey Kong, complimenting his abilities in different ways.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was praised for its visuals and sprawling environments. The variety in gameplay, as well as the difficulty, were also noted in numerous critic reviews
A port was released for the Nintendo Switch in May 2018.
See the whole series:
- Donkey Kong Country / SFC Box version (1994)
- Donkey Kong Land (Related) (1995)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest (1995)
- Donkey Kong Land 2 (Related) (1996)
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble! (1996)
- Donkey Kong Land III (Related) (1997)
- Donkey Kong 64 (1999)
- Donkey Kong Country (Port) (2000)
- Donkey Kong Country (Remake) (2003)
- Donkey Kong Country 2 (Remake) (2004)
- Donkey Kong Country 3 (Remake) (2005)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Port) (2013)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014)